Quail Dunes Maintenance Report 4/1/2020
With the onset of COVID-19 protocols this past month, much has changed since we completed all of the necessary preparations for the CGA Handicap Season on 3/12/2020. Along with the closing of many other City facilities, the Pro Shop and Golf Course officially closed to the public on 3/24/2020. Fortunately, for all patrons of golf associated with our course, Golf Maintenance Staff was allowed to continue caring for the course while maintaining vigilance in terms of PPE and social-distancing practices. With the course closed, Staff has looked to capitalize on an extended off season to do additional work on our greens rehab… work which normally would have proven difficult with a full force golf season underway. We have a long ways to go, but Staff continues to be optimistic for a bounce back season as spirits and efforts are high in these crazy times.
- Continued all regular mowing of the grounds (ACTs, greens, fairways) including first cuts to rough, first cut, and the driving range
- Pulled all flags, ball washers, sand containers, tee markers, as well as pulled/plugged all of the cups to discourage golfing traffic during “stay home” order for COVID-19 response
- Pruned all suckers on Russian Olives along 6, as well as continued trimming trees throughout the course
- Completed extensive cleanup of the “bullpen” west of the Maintenance Shop, hauling off 17,860 lbs of debris/trash to the landfill
- Repaired fallen insulation and made repairs to ceiling drywall in the white barn
- Repaired all lighting in the white barn, along with wiring/installation of new light in the Pro Shop Utility Room
- Repaired Golf Statues in preparation of mounting/placing them
- Sprayed pre-emergent on all tee boxes
- Tined/seeded all areas of need on greens
- Put out straw mats and green covers over green rehab areas in need to promote moisture/temperature retention with hopes of jump starting these areas even more than they already are
- Continued cleanup work on the cart paths
- Repaired Maintenance Shop garage door
- Dug up/repaired 6 separate irrigation leaks
- Broomed desiccation areas along the fairways for preparation of slit seeding
- Continued painting/repair of trash cans
- Continued watering of all greens and tees
- Started fairway and rough audit of irrigation in preparation of full cycle watering come 4/1/2020
- Received our new Toro Outcross… were trained/orientated on the apparatus and Terry began work on programming our implements.
*Reminder – The following is reflective of just under 3 weeks of work since our last update on 3/12/2020. Monthly reports of work done is my goal moving forward, with the 1st of the month being my goal for submission.